Data Analyse with Excel Power Pivot
Tailor-made trainingWould you rather have a tailor-made training based on this course? Contact us and we will make it work.
At the end of this session you will have acquired the following skills:
- Transforming external data via Power Query
- Setting up a data model via Power Pivot
- Extending your data using DAX
- Analysing your data in Power Pivot using Measures
- Create PivotTables based on your data model and measures
Introduction: Business Intelligence and Power BI
- What is Business Intelligence
- What do all the different Power BI tools do
Collect and Transform
- Import data into Power Pivot
- Transform data via Power Query
- Merge Tables via Power Query
Setting up a data model in Power Pivot
- Create relations between tables
- Expand tables via calculated columns
- Show and hide tables and columns
- Custom sorting
- Add normal aggregations (SUM, COUNT,COUNTROWS … )
- Use aggregating expressions (SUMX, AVERAGEX, MAXX … )
- CALCULATE and other filter functions
- Date Calculations (SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR …)
Create dashboards in Excel
- Create Dashboards using Slicers
Do you use Excel on a daily basis? Do you regularly create PivotTables and/or do you analyse fast quantities of data? Do you have to use VLOOKUP that often that you have build a love/hate relationship with this function?
Then maybe it would be about time to get started with the Excel Power BI tools. These add-ons extend Excel with very powerful options allowing you to import, transform and analyse data.
A decent knowledge of Excel is required to be able to benefit fully of this training. We will mainly work with PivotTables, so some knowledge of using this is really necessary.
Download PowerPivot_availability.pdf (only Dutch), please contact us if need more information